Thursday, 19 December 2013

Crafting for Christmas - Sock Deer Taxidermy head

Sock Deer Taxidermy
Sock Deer Head


So a few years ago my boyfriends mother and I were shopping in a garden centre when she spotted a Christmas deer head hanging from a wall. She remarked how she'd quite like one but that £30 was a bit steep for how much she wanted to pay for one. 

I decided to make here one of my own for Christmas. The head, ears and antlers are all made from socks, where as everything else is felt. I glued the eyes and nose on using Beacon Felt Glue which is one of my favourite glues as it does its job so well. I made the backing piece out of plastic and covered both sides with dark brown felt. To finish the festive look I cut some holly leaves from felt and added little red beads as berries.

She was thrilled with the deer and still displays it above her fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment